Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new leap forward for me... "public" Pagan postings *gasp!*

I am a closeted Pagan, mainly due to family that I wish to not upset and a community (think small, rural, conservative, you get the idea) that I do not think would be too keen on my choice.  Hence the use of my chosen name, Galena. 

I mainly live vicariously online and via the small circle of friends that I chose to share my spiritual beliefs with.  I also follow several people on Facebook and came across this project that just spoke to me today.  The Pagan Blog Project (2012) came up and it got me thinking... maybe a way I can start feeling more open about myself and my beliefs is to start to share some of my thoughts, ideas, lessons learned, etc., in an online environment.  So here I am.

The premise is that every Friday we will post a blog about a specific idea that we are interested in, following an alphabet theme.  So this is my introduction and hopefully it will be the first posting of many.

5 comments:

  1. I feel for you, I really do. When I came out of the broom closet (and the real closet) to my roman catholic family a lot of devil worshipping threats were thrown my way. I think they're begrudgingly accepting now. I kind of have a dead-animal-temple in my room anyway.

    It's really hard having nobody near you to be physical community. I'm in the same situation right now. That's why blogging is rad.

    Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes being part of an online community is better than in-person groups. The benefit of the internet is that if you don't find you fit in one place, you can meander around to another, and meet people of all types. : ) Happy posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, I am just reviving my blog and making it a bit more "faith based" . A couple of my old regulars dropped by and don't seem to mind it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a rural area too. I have only been studying the pagan path for about 3 months. I still have not told my husband. I have found the Pagan Blog Project to be helpful in helping me learn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Galena - good luck to you in your new chosen path - I think nearly all of us have been there. I'm in the UK where, would you believe, its even harder to find like-minded people - I'm lucky enough though to live an hour away from Glastonbury and 10 minutes from Stonehenge so inspiration is never too far away. Nice to "meet" you

    ReplyDelete