Monday, February 12, 2018

Weekly Reflection - Animal Divine Companion

In an attempt to reinvigorate my spiritual practices in 2018, I am working on incorporating a weekly divination from one of the many sources that I have at home. My goal is to make this an ongoing series with the thought that each week I would ask "what do we need to know for the week ahead", the big picture. Maybe something I say will resonate with someone else out there.

I don't know if any of you found space for compassion last week. I thought I was doing ok, checking in with myself all the way until Friday. Man, did I get a spiritual body check that day on compassion!

This week I was feeling drawn to our animal friends (perhaps due to said body check), so I pulled out my Animal Divine Companion tarot cards. I sat with them awhile, focusing on the week ahead and what we need to know.



I drew the Giraffe, or the seven of pentacles. On this card there is a giraffe planted firmly on the ground under a tree where all but the green leaves at the top are gone. From their grounded position, the giraffe reaches gracefully to the top to eat of the lush foliage.

Pushing past the known of ourselves or situation, we look past our own boundaries, possibly things those we have self imposed, to think outside of the box. When doing so we stay grounded in our core and potentially find ways we may have never considered. Persevere to grow beyond.

That is it for tonight. Hopefully this resonates with you and I will be back next week with another post.

Many blessings to you all, Laura, the Barefoot Druid /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment