Sunday, February 4, 2018

Weekly Reflection - Goddess Oracle

So I've been trying to think of a way to reinvigorate my spiritual practices in 2018. One simple way I am contemplating is to incorporate a weekly divination from one of the many sources that I have at home. My goal is to make this an ongoing series with the thought that each week I would ask "what do we need to know for the week ahead", the big picture. I thought that if I started sharing it might help me be accountable and that others might find the words that have been shared useful in their daily life. Plus it makes me use the tools I already have to help hone my personal spiritual practices. A win-win!

This week I've chosen to pull a card from The Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and illustrated by Hrana Janto, which I've been using for over 10 years. If you have never seen this deck, I suggest checking it out. The images are beautiful and the cards really speaks to me. The goddesses come across through the cards and it is genuinely one of my favorite decks to use.

So for the question of what we needed to know or think about for the week ahead I drew the card for Kuan Yin, compassion. She is so powerful, it is said, that to mention her name will ease suffering and hardship. I have found when she speaks to me, it's usually that I'm not being compassionate with myself.

So when I see this card, I think about the state of our world. Are we being mindful of compassion for/with ourselves? How about compassion for other humans on Earth for our present journey. Maybe check-in with your self-talk during this week: are you being kind and compassionate to yourself? When we are kind and compassionate within, we allow ourselves to be open to doing so with others. When we start feeling more irritable with life or apathetic, check in with self and allow yourself to feel what you need (sometimes it sucks!). Look to open your heart to yourself. Then and only then look beyond.

That is it for tonight. Hopefully this resonates with you and I will be back next week with another post.

Many blessings to you all,
Laura, the Barefoot Druid /|\

No comments:

Post a Comment